For the next 12 weeks, we are inviting you to participate in the "ReWire Challenge" to increase your fulfillment and flourishing by practicing behaviors that the most recent research has shown can rewire both your brain and your genetic code toward healing, growth, and joy.
Just like anything worth having, it takes work! But if you're willing to put in 2-10 minutes a day for the next 12 weeks, we'll give you everything you need to start the rewiring process...for FREE.
Here's what you do:
1. Follow Lark's Song and Megan Gilmore on Facebook and Instagram
(we'll share updates and free resources that will help make the ReWire Challenge fun and easy)
2. Download the FlipGrid app on your phone
3. Start your first "ReWirement" sometime this week by going to https://flipgrid.com/5d3103 and taking 30 seconds (literally) to let us know who you are.
4. Share your assessment of the impact of ReWirement 1 in 90 seconds or less on FlipGrid - https://flipgrid.com/c28e07
5. Invite your friends and family to flourish with you by sharing on social media and using the hashtags #larkssong #rewire to let us know you're with us!
ReWirement 1 - Breathe
A daily practice of deep breathing does the following to increase our well-being:
1. Relaxes our muscles
Reduces physical tension that leads to inflammation and increases anxiety
2. Improves oxygen delivery
Leads to increased energy, focus and concentration
3. Lowers blood pressure
Decreases risk of disease and increases ability to stay calm
4. Releases endorphins
Provides feelings of well-being and pain relief
5. Improves detox
Basically, it's like an oil change for your lymphatic system, which then helps your other body systems operate more productively with less energy
With this in mind, your ReWirement for this week is to be still and breathe deeply for 2 minutes 3 times a day.